Betacom Glow worm 24c - no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Betacom Glow worm 24c combi boiler. Currently i have Hot water, but no heating at all.

The pressure is currently sitting at 1.5 bar.

It doesn't even try to fire up on heating, but on hw it fires up fine and temperature of water is fine.

I have tried to reset the boiler by turning it off on the switch on the front of the boiler and also tried by the isolation switch.

We do not have a thermostat either.

Please help, i'm away on business from tomorrow and the Mrs & Kids are going to be left with no warmth, hence why i'm trying to do what i can - despite being no expert.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
so your willing to leave your wife and kids with no heat
why not call a heating engineer??

Wow! Clearly i'm not willing.

Engineer was called, but can't get round til at least Tuesday.

Thanks for your input though, valuable advice

No problem
Remember to hit the thanks button
btw there's more then one engineer in the world

Sponsored Links
There are many in each area of the country!

If he does not get there quick he will lose the job.

Have you checked the obvious stuff..

the timer is definitely set to be ON

the function switch is set to Heating + DHW

the heating water temp control hasn't been turned right down

If they're all in the right position try moving them around to see if it all suddenly springs into life.

Once all the daft stuff has been eliminated the next stop is your timer.

Linking the white wires that go to 3 and 4 together will leave your heating on. Another easier trick which often works is to take the wire from 4 and put it onto 5 then turn the timer to OFF.

Remember they belong on 3 and 4 when you replace the timer

Whatever you do DO NOT touch the wires that go to 1 and 2 as they are mains voltage.

If perchance this doesn't work then chances are it's a roomstat or other external control that is causing you the problem.

If none of this makes any sense then wait for an RGI to attend

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back