Boiler always at 4 bar on Betacom 24c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is always at either 3.5 or 4 bar on the pressure gauge. How do i lower the pressure to 2 bar on a Glow worm Betacom 24c

Sponsored Links
Is this the pressure with system cold? If yes, you ned to release some pressure.

Find a drain cock under one of the rads, or on the heating pipework under the boiler. Put a bowl underneath, and turn the square end anti-clockwise to release some pressure and water from the system. Keep draining until the pressure is at approx 1.25 bar.

The drain cock looks like this -

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/49284/Plumbing/Brassware/Drain-Cock-Type-B-Light-Pattern-15mm

Make sure you carry out this process and check the pressure with the heating cold.

Do you know why the pressure is this high?

Shouldn't be over 3Bar??!!! The PRV kicks in a 3Bar.

Perhaps your filling loop is passing?

My boiler is always at either 3.5 or 4 bar on the pressure gauge.

Filling loop (connection to main water) valves open or defective pressure gauge? Probably the former.

Fix that first. You may then find it won't hold pressure and you need a new PRV. Fix that and put inhibitor in it.

Sponsored Links
To rule out filling loop. disconnect the silver flexi.

PRV definitely needs replacing, as already stated should be lifting at 3 bar!

Could be a pinholed plate heat exchanger!

Graham

To rule out filling loop. disconnect the silver flexi.

PRV definitely needs replacing, as already stated should be lifting at 3 bar!

Could be a pinholed plate heat exchanger!

Graham

Its funny I had one of these today, tenant had left filling loop on.... gauge was sat at 4 bar... Prv was dripping slightly

Had one 2 weeks ago, pipe to expansion vessel was blocked solid, gauge also on 4 bar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back