Diverter valve leaking Worcester Bosch 240

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Worcester Bosch 240 combi boiler has developed a leak from the diverter valve at the inlet connection.

I had a repair policy but the sub contracted cowboys were worse than useless. Worcester Bosch repairmen are good, but charge the earth.
I have seen the valve on sale for just over £50. Is this something that a reasonably competent person could replace?

Is it advisable to use PTFE tape on the outlet connection when assembling?
I have seen that it is a push fit inlet with O-ring seals. Am I right in thinking that the Allen key socket I can see in my picture is what holds the pipe secure?

A lot of questions for my first post, but if I can fix this, I'll be a hero in my house!

:D

Sponsored Links
Thanks, ChrisR,

Been mulling it over and and think I'll have a go.
Not sure where the sliding piece that you refer to goes, though. Is it within the push fit connection?

Cheers

think its the slip connector between the dhw outlet from the divertor to the plate heat ex,chris is on about. and if disturbed its a pain in the ass.but could try a matchin O ring if it does leak.

Sponsored Links
thanks for that - it seems actually quite straightforward, although fiddly.

cheers

between the dhw outlet from the divertor to the plate heat ex
Eee don't got one of they, it's a cylinder thing. Slidy connector is to the pump iirc.
Suggest you clean that out at the same time.
Replacing the DV is OK, repairing it is a pain first time.

Just to round this post off:
I bought the Diverter valve online and fitted it myself.
With 5 connections to be made simultaneously, it was a bit fiddly, and keeping the washers in place was awkward.
The microswitch is held in place by a little clip and removes easily.
If you are attempting this, don't forget to refit the filter - I did and had to take the valve off again! The filter didn't come with the new valve but it just needed a clean.
With everything reconnected I repressurised and bled the system, but still couldn't get the boiler to fire. I left it overnight, bled it again and added some more water and Bingo! Bath-time again!
So for £60 and an afternoon, I have saved the £200 qoute from the Worcester Bosch man, and gained valuable knowledge and skills.
Thanks to the DIYnot members for giving me the confidence to have a go!

(Some pictures in my album: Click on this image or url and then you can scroll through the rest) )

[/url]

Hello, I realise this is an old thread, but mines an old boiler. I have a Worcester bosch 240RSF. It is leaking from behind the diverted valve through a pin that I believe is something to do with preventing DHW and CH coming into contact. I've got a new valve. I've managed to undo 3 of the 4 connections but the main back one I just can't get too. Does the side remove from the boiler. I can't find a spanner to fit and I can't get an adjustable on because there is no room. I f any of you diiyers are still out there your input would be greatly appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back