Diverter valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
My combi boilers giving me grief.
The heating side works fine but the dhw doesn't. It doesn't light up at all.
How do I tell if the diverter valves working properly?
When I open the hot tap the little pin from the valve pops out and triggers the switch. I can see the pin coming out and hear the switch clicking.
Does this mean its working ok and there must be another fault?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The French dont have a very good sense of humour, well none at all really!

Peutetre, si on dit le marke de fabrication, il peut responder?

Tony

Joyeuse Noel a tout le monde!

I fixed it, it was a wiring problem. I dismantled stuff to try and clean out the heat exchanger but it didn't work when it was all back together.
Cleaning the heat exchanger didn't make any difference to the dhw running cool though.
A clima+ formel 23V if that means anything to anyone.

I took the exchanger out again and cleaned it with some hydro. Loads of fizzing etc. Put it back in, wire the diverter back in correctly this time, run hot tap and the water gets hotter than its been for a while but then the flame goes out and it cools a bit again then fires up and gets nice and hot etc.
Would the rad side of the exchanger being gunged up cause this?
If not what would?
We're in a hard water area which is a bit new for me as in UK I lived in central Scotland which has lovely soft water.
Nice wheels Agile.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back