Diverter valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WB 12/14 Heatslave Combi
Turned it on this morning for hot water for a shower and the rads heated up and the hot water took longer than usual to heat up.
Think this is the diverter valve which I replaced some 5 years ago and I still have the old one.
What is the remedy, to replace or will a strip and regrease solve the sticking?

Sponsored Links
Oh well. Talk to myself. Got hairs on the palm of my hand as well...
Checked the record of the last time I changed it in 2009 and it does not close fully.
To test, a pair of pliers around the pin on the top of the valve with the actuator off and the valve will move upwards about 1/4", so not full not closing.
Part no. 241361 £26 on ebay or £15 refurbed with new O rings and a clean.

Watch the attitude, we do have jobs to do

I'd just change it, refurbing isn't worth the faff

It's possibly passing due to a sludgy system. Wouldn't surprise me if you get the same problem in a few months.

Sponsored Links
Honeywell grey top diverters are rubbish, particularly so in oil heatslaves from my experience.
Replace the cartridge for now. It will go again in time, mine failed 4 times in 5 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back