Diverter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya...
I've been meaning to change the diverter valve in my Vaillant TURBOmax Plus 824 E for some time now (over a year, i'm very slow),...
What i'd like to know is, could a diverter problem cause the radiators to be on, even when the timer is switched off, or could that be electrical?

Cheers

BiLL

Sponsored Links
if your heating is getting warm when not calling for central heating. it is probably being caused by the diverter valver passing every time you call for direct hot water by running the tap. So yes it could happen even when the programmer shows heating off.

Ta for that.... :)

Another question;
How easy is it to fix a leak in a sealed system? (no tank, etc)
I've looked for leaks everywhere i can, but can't find it... no water anywhere.... :confused:
Can it lose pressure because the diverter is faulty?

Sponsored Links
sound like an easy job but is not. you need to have someone round to confirm the problem as these valves are not cheap. if it is the valve passing then the system needs draining down to a point where you can work on the boiler. I would not isolate on the boiler at its valves as they will probalby leak afterwards.
it might sound like a fob off, but its worth spending on the labour costs of a registered gas enginneer in the long run.

regards

Vaillant isolation valves are one of the few types that usually do NOT leak!

There is a very simple way to diagnose a faulty diverter valve. Search forum and might even be in the FAQ too.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back