Diverters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, this is going to sound really amatuer, but what is an n-way diverter (n = number).

I'm having my bathroom done soon, so am looking at shower valves, taps etc. I want everything concealed so looking at these sort of things;

Sagittarius Ergo Three Fourths Inch Wall Mounted Concealed Bath Mixer Tap | EL/327/C
Sagittarius Ergo Concealed Thermostatic Shower Valve With 2 Way Diverter | EL/177/C

However, as the shower valve has a 2 way diverter, could I do away with the complete bath mixer tap and just get a spout, like this Sagittarius 1/2 Inch 160mm Wall Spout and Square Cover Plate | SP/008/C, then use the diverter to set where the water comes out from?

Alternatively is there anything that has a thermostatic shower mixer, and a normal bath mixer valve on one plate. My thinking is to have the spout and shower head at the foot of the bath, and the water valves at the head so you can add water to the bath without having to reach over.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you just used the shower valve and diverter - which is probably only 1/2" - dependant on where the hot and cold water are being fed from, it may take a while to fill the bath.

Where will the hot and cold water be fed from?

What do you mean by 'fed from' - Boiler, HWT etc?

If so it will be directly from the (combi) boiler

In that case, I personally would NOT use the shower valve for filling the bath using the diverter and spout.
It'll take a lifetime to fill the bath. In my experience combis are slow at filling baths, even with 22mm pipe and 3/4" bath taps.

Sponsored Links
Ah OK, gotcha.

On another subject, I was planning to use both moisture board (where stud walls are used) with the weber waterproof roll on membrane for the shower area, then tile on top of that.

Is having both the moisture board and membrane over kill or not recommended (in case of material characteristics)? But for the sake of £15 difference between 3 sheets of normal board and 3 sheets of moisture board i'd rather do both, if one doesn't affect the other.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back