DIY 12ft x 4ft Apex Shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Long time lurker, occasional poster here! :D

I have a mid terraced house with an unused side return since moving the back door to exit from the kitchen straight into the garden. I am in the process of turning this into storage for my tools etc, which will be safe as it can be from thieving hands. The "shed" will be 3600cm x 120cm (12ft by 4ft) on a concrete base, protruding past the end of the house by approx 130cm.

Please see my plan below. I have already placed the 100mm x 100mm posts in "concrete in" post holders. The original plan was to use 18mm wbp exterior ply for the walls, and maybe 9mm of the same with felt for the roof. The exposed sides would be clad for atheistic reasons, but the majority being against the house / fence would not.

What I have seen today is Tantalised Rebated Featheredge Cladding (picture below) 32mm x 125mm x 4200mm. On the face of if this would be better looking than ply, more weather resistant, and thick enough to deter opportunistic would-be theives. Cost wise the ply from Wickes is £10.29 per SQM, the featherboard works out about £8 per SQM (99p/m).

Does this seem like a good idea at all?

In terms of the roof I have a few options too...

- Ply & felt
- Reuse concrete tiles I have laying about (not sure if I'll have enough pitch?)
- Use the featherboard (is this possible / wise?)

Any thoughts / comments welcome :)

20140519_223331-1.jpg

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Clearance-of...Aw/$T2eC16RHJHIE9nyseHcsBQv2h4JoSw~~60_57.JPG

(Sorry, can't get these to embed)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back