DIY Central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am an experienced,accomplished,careful and extremely researching DIYer.... Good introduction I think :LOL:

I plan to install a plumbing and Oil central heating system myself! Has anybody ever done this successfully (or otherwise).

Comments please ONLY FROM PEOPLE THAT HAVE ACTUALLY DONE IT - Ive had enough negative reactions from non-triers !! :p :p !!!

Many thanks

F

Sponsored Links
Has anybody ever done this successfully (or otherwise).

Yes loads of people have .... successfully AND otherwise and the good news for you is that its only the
experienced,accomplished,careful and extremely researching DIYer
's that ever get away with it. Best of luck on your venture.

If you are confident, try the wet side yourself and leave the boiler to a Corgi engineer.

Ask before you do the pipe runs to ensure you do it corrrectly. :D

Sponsored Links
Bahco said:
If you are confident, try the wet side yourself and leave the boiler to a Corgi engineer.

Ask before you do the pipe runs to ensure you do it corrrectly. :D

Um.... I know I might be a bit picky, but what has CORGI got to do with OIL???????

Anyway, PaulAH did one, search his posts.

From what I've come across you couldn't do as badly as some of the abortions put in by a minority of professionals.

Controls on oil installations were not imposed by law like gas until very recently but now the Building Control Certification and perhaps Notification rules will require an OFTEC registered technician to fit and commission the boiler.

Also remember that stringent regulations also apply to the oil storage tank installation and location.

Tony Glazier

OFTEC tech not required, you can DIY, but it is a controlled service, so you're supposed to tell building control, however, you will probably have to demonstrate the thing has been commissioned and set up correctly and unless you want to buy some test gear, you'd have to find someone who has.

Anyway, PaulAH did one, search his posts.

Right. For practical tips, see me. For proper advice (and lectures on the morality of DIY :LOL: ) see Oilman.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back