diy central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, When i had my downstairs walls skimmed i cut all the pipe drops and removed the rads for a better finish, then i repiped them myself when the plasterer had gone.

I'm a sparky so i know about part p for us :confused: but on our next house is there any problems i'll come across with regs if take out all the central heating pipes and renewing them myself and getting a plumber in to replace the boiler and connect my pipes up to it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
NOt yet but gawd knows what regs are in the pipelilne...
Get your boiler fitter involved early on so he's on your side.

You can do all the water pipes but leave all the gas to the CORGI engineer.

How do all the electricians manage under Part P when they do not want to join NIEIC?

And what about the majority who dont have 2391 ?

Tony Glazier

I wonder if you will be doing the right thing.

An awful lot of work involved, and a lot of plumbers might not fancy taking on the job of fitting the boiler in this situation.

Sponsored Links
sandwell said:
I wonder if you will be doing the right thing.

An awful lot of work involved, and a lot of plumbers might not fancy taking on the job of fitting the boiler in this situation.

I always wonder how many plumbers insist on ripping the heating out and starting from scratch when the boiler need replacing.

I appreciate the Sun says we should be racking in 200K a year, but what the hells wrong with just fitting a boiler on the end of some pipes.

No wonder the trade has gone to pot and the east europeons are taking over.

doitall said:
I always wonder how many plumbers insist on ripping the heating out and starting from scratch when the boiler need replacing.

Why would you?....boiler is easy, rads are a P.I.T.A...joints under floorboards etc. Give me a boiler swap any day.

ollski said:
Why would you?....boiler is easy, rads are a P.I.T.A...joints under floorboards etc. Give me a boiler swap any day.

So whats the difference in fitting a new boiler when someone else has done the pipework to the rads etc.

And why does the experts stand back in amazement at the idea.

kevplumb said:
I appreciate the Sun says we should be racking in 200K a year, but what the hells wrong with just fitting a boiler on the end of some pipes.

sun reader

i give up :eek:

Don't tell me :LOL:

You look at the Sport :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back