DIY Exstention

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am wanting to put up a kind of permanent shelter where the red lines are. sorry for the bad drawing. I want to be able to make the Frame out of stainless steel and have something on top to drain water away. This is so i can store my motorbike under it and work on it with out getting wet if raining. I was thinking bolt a plate on the floor where the corner will be (The corner that is not shown) then weld and screw a frame and clad the top with a material that will shelter me and the bike. Any ideas of how i could do this or even a better way of doing this. I do not want to spend loads and looks are not that important. so long as it does not look like a blind man has made it. thanks. :) View media item 53700

Sponsored Links
Hi

could you not make a sort of a car port.

steel legs wood frame and poly sheet tops, if you get it right it could even drain into gutter you already have there

not sure on what it would cost and what your budget is

regards

Andy

Sponsored Links
Sorry if my maiden post on here has a suggestion which may seem a bit 'Cowboy' to some of you......

But I would scrounge myself a bay of heavy duty pallet racking. Weld the joints for extra strength and cut off the surplus of the uprights. Rawlbolt the right hand one to the brick pier and another on the face of the outhouse next to the fence with a horizontal member back to the left side goalpost.

4x2 'Joists' Poly roof and a PVCu fascia.

A plan picture, even scribbled on the back of a tab pack, would be good, with dimensions of the area you want to cover. Also a piccy pointing down "to the right" i.e. 60 deg clockwise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back