DIY on a combi system

If your plumber told you that you did not need inhibitor then he probably did not clean the system either.

Consider using a non acid sludge remover like Sentiner X400 for 3-4 weeks after you have changed your radiator followed by a drain down, a flush with clean water and a fill with X100 inhibitor.

Avoid any cheap brands or "own brands" !

Tony

Sponsored Links
oops .. I meant Halstead Platinum :oops:

The plumber disconnected the existing room stat telling me I didnt need it as the trv's did the same job. Sounded sensibe to me.

He did not flush the whole system through but I did insist that he remove all the radiators and flush them through individually.

I can't compain too much as the job was really cheap (you get what you pay for). £2k for the conversion, including a new boiler, 8 trv's, removing the old emertion tank and header tanks, and fitting a new radiator to create a drying cupboard where the tank was. I also had a new mira shower fitted in the price too!
I was that taken aback by the price that I tipped an extra £100!

The plumber disconnected the existing room stat telling me I didnt need it as the trv's did the same job. Sounded sensibe to me.

Er, no. He's a dork. Your boiler now sits there keeping hot and wasting gas.

Good point. The room stat is still on the wall (with wiring!). Is it an easy DIY job to reconnect this to the boiler. If so, how?

I also want to fit an electronic timer inside the property to override the boiler timer situated at the back of the garage. Does anyone have a wiring diagram I could follow?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back