DIY Temp Bodge - Convert Shower To Bath Tap?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We currently have a long walk in shower that replaced a bath. The plumbing was updated, with hot and cold coming down from the ceiling and finishing on the wall with standard shower fitting.

Currently in the process of renovating the house, and will be putting a new shower room into a box room. Then, the old shower will be replaced with a bath. Time is short and we really want a bath back. So, I was thinking putting in a bath on top of existing shower tray, and just using the shower hose with a temporary tap of some sort clamped onto bath, or secured to the wall.

But, cannot find anything obvious .... but maybe looking at the wrong things?

Did this make any sense? Obviously will have it all properly done in the future ....

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dan. I don't understand much of that, but guess you are suggesting some proper plumbing work ...

This is how it is now.

IMG_20181002_174054033.jpg

Is there a tap attachment I could just screw onto the bottom where the hose is maybe?

I could probably just hang a short hose there couldn't I? Proper temp bodge job!

Sponsored Links
Wall plate elbow-
images

Screw to the left wall pointing out, bath below, attach shower hose to bottom, not too tight or you'll burst the washer (or file the sharp edge off of the fluted face for the olive on the male compression end)

Then stick a bib tap into it

images

leave the shower on and on the temp setting you want and then just open the tap. Flow won't be huge out of a thermo bar mixer and through a shower hose tho.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back