DIYing hot and cold water pipework in new house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are having air source heatpump, unvented cylinder, underfloor heating supplied and installed as a complete system by professionals.

Separately, the pipework to the appliances and the taps is either going to be done by a plumber or I'm going to have a go at it myself. Im just asking if there's any reason (safety, regulations etc) why I couldnt tackle this part myself?

We are building a small bungalow, with the kitchen, airing cupboard and single bathroom right next to each other, so there wouldnt be much pipework involved.

Sponsored Links
You can do it yourself but will have to comply with the 1999 Water Regulations with respect to potable water.

If not done by an 'Approved Plumber' (it means he went on a 1 day course and completed a multiple choice assessment, costs about £130 which you can do yourself :) ) then will have to be inspected by the water company before they 'connect' you, even if you already have a temporary supply in use.

Check that your new water supply pipe has been laid to the regs too.

WRAS website is useful.

Sponsored Links
I have no intention of going anywhere near any of the unvented cylinder pipework - my question was specifically about the hot/cold water pipework before and after it. All of the heating system install is being done by the people supplying it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back