DMP edge detail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I am about to pour a 100mm 30N conc slab as a base for a metal shed. The slab will be poured on a 1000 guage DPM. Ideally I want to waterproof the edge of the slab. The tin cladding may overlap down over the slab in places but this may not be possible along the boundary.
As you know, folding and turning DPM is awkward around external corners and I am concerned, if the vertical DPM is left exposed , how well it will last / deteriorate. DETAIL 1

An alternative I need your advice on is to rubber paint the edge of the slab first, turn DPM up and stick it to the wet paint, then finally another layer of rubber paint from the top of the slab down over the outside of the DPM, almost like a flashing detail. Again, how will the rubber last exposed? DETAIL 2

If possible, any suggestions on the paint to use, will it adhere to concrete and DPM?

Or even a better detail to consider?

Your advice appreciated in advance.

Attachments

• Edge detail.jpg
    Edge detail.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 64
Sponsored Links
Just use a perimeter edging (concrete paving slab on edge) to contain slab and DPM - you can usually pick some up free on Freecycle or Facebook.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back