Do All 10mm TRVs Have The Dodgy Reducing Sets?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to all, I'm a Diynot virgin.

My question is;

I never have problems with compression joints, but occasionally when I have to use reducing sets that come with 8/10mm Danfoss Ras TRVs I get a problem.

Are there any branded TRVs for microbore that come with an olive instead of sets. The other day, I put a Ras TRV on a towel rail, and it just wouldn't seal. If I had tightened the nut any more, I'm sure I would have damaged something. In the end, I had to smother the set in LSX. I know its a bodge, but it was the only way. :(

Sponsored Links
too true im finding it pretty hard theses days to find a dedicated 10mm trv.for 8mm i usually use a 8-15mm endfeed reducer.and use a 15mm standered valve.

Phew. Thought it was just me!

So, do you use any branded TRVs with 8/10mm olives?

Failing that, can someone invent a fitting with 8/10mm endfeed one end, and a 15mm street the other? :idea:

Sponsored Links
Failing that, can someone invent a fitting with 8/10mm endfeed one end, and a 15mm street the other?

Well Invent one and get on Dragons Den. Failing that, work around it. Surely you can put a small bit of 15 off the Trv and then reduce it with a 15mm male cu to a female 8 or 10mm reducer?

They arent invented as nobody needs them. ;)

Phew. Thought it was just me!

So, do you use any branded TRVs with 8/10mm olives?

Failing that, can someone invent a fitting with 8/10mm endfeed one end, and a 15mm street the other? :idea:

Use 15 to 10 mm reducers on drayton tr4 valves use a bit of paste never had one leak yet,

Are you using the 2 or 3 part reducers? The 2 part 'snap shut' leak like bu66ery IMO. Never had a problem with the 3 part.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back