Do i have a shared stop cock to outbuildings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I live in a property with a outbuildings that houses a toilet and my washing machine.
The nextdoors outbuilding is attached to mine also. Recently there was a leak from next doors outbuilding (which is empty and up for let with a letting agency) as the leak was coming outside of the property i contacted the agency to let them know they came out and turned off the stopcock and secured the outbuilding, since then my washer hasnt worked it turns on but clicks over with no water going to it, also my outside toilet wont work. I contacted the agency n they stated they wont beable to turn the cockstop back on as it was turned off for the leak and i some how have to sort the supply out on myside, is this right, is it possible to have a shared stopcock? my house has a seperate supply for the outbuilding.
Any information will be much appreciated thanks

Sponsored Links
Lots of Older Buildings (with out Houses/Toilets) have shared Mains , i`d suggest you contact the Letting Agency and let them know your Supply is off , due to the Leak , and get them to arrange a Plumber to fix it , Lets face it , if they get a Letting they can`t let it out with the Water off ?

Lucky

Hi thanks for the reply, i did contact them and they stated that they dont need the water on as the stopcock is seperate to the house which mine is also its just the out buildings that are connected, im at a loss to if its down to me to sort out or them.

Sponsored Links
Where has they turn stopcock off? Apart from house stopcock, Have you got your own stopcock in your outbuilding?

If it was shared, I would thought that they would turned off stopcock inside next door outbuilding and leave alone the stopcock underground.

Dan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back