2 COMBI BOILERS OFF 1 WATER MAINS. POSSIBLE??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Ive got an old victorian property which has light commercial outbuildings at the back of it.

It has a larger than normal gas meter (which has pipes of approx 2" running into and out of it??!! Commercial meter methinks??), and its own water mains stop cock located outside in the footpath. Which is not shared by other neighbouring properties.

The gas line splits and is shared by both the house and the outbuildings, and so is the water main, the internal water stopcock is located in the house.

My question is;

I want to install a separate combi boiler in the outbuildings, so that it has its own hot water supply, and heating, so that it does'nt have to rely on the boiler that is used to heat and supply hot water for the house.

How will I go about doing this??
What is normal practice??
Anyone done this before??

All advice welcomed!!
Cheers!!

Sponsored Links
how big is the water pipe? is it lead, iron, copper or plastic?

if you turn on two cold water taps at the same time, one in each building, and fill a bucket while timing it, how many litres per minute do you get out of each tap (leave them both running full on while you measure)

At that size, the gas pipe might be an old iron one, and the gas company will probably want to replace it with a new plastic one, when they realise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back