Additional boiler to outbuilding

To be fair Tony did have a point that IF the gas supply was marginal fitment of a much smaller output boiler and a cylinder would be a way round it.

Shame the helpful part was wasted after he used it as an example of every other gas fitter being inferior and the consequent kicking that's taken place

Sponsored Links
Sounds great, lets just focus on the combi option, what combi would be ideal considering sporadic usage, i would also like to consider an option to cotrol the heating/boiler wirelessly so the heating can be controlled from the main house.
thanks for all your help

Most Combis can be used, along with inexpensive Wifi controls.
Of course it depends on your budget.

To be fair Tony did have a point that IF the gas supply was marginal fitment of a much smaller output boiler and a cylinder would be a way round it.

Shame the helpful part was wasted after he used it as an example of every other gas fitter being inferior and the consequent kicking that's taken place

That's all well & good, but could the OP cook a chicken korma & two nan breads while having a shower??

Ah so now you are adding a Tandoori oven into the mix Dickie!
That does complicate the matter,because you would need a hob as well the cooker rings or very least a hob
I'm sure we can do a calculation as long as we know the badged output of the tandoor

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
FFS - can we stop talking about indian food!!!!! I'm starving here and its too late to go and get my favourite Sag Chicken (with extra chillies obvs ;).

Actually - I've been thinking about a Pakistani friend of mine ooop north - I went to his house and his lovely missus cooked some chicken legs in a sauce that was out of this world - bloody spicy too. Wish I got the recipe for it now.... We've lost touch sadly.

Dan YouTube is your friend,over the years I have become quite good at cooking all sorts from Chinese Thai to Pakistani, Italian and all sorts thanks to it .
I actually find cooking helps me to relax and unwind,sort have some passion for it :) :)

I love watching videos of them preparing authentic Scottish street food, oh the culture!!! Deep fried Mars Bar & a Haggis Supper!! Or putting the holes in the Krispy Kreme doughnuts!!

That looks lovely - not the same thing though - this lass' recipe was more of a dry rub thing. But looking at the ingredients its probably based on the same marinade...

I'm even more sodding hungry now :LOL: Git.

Or putting the holes in the Krispy Kreme doughnuts

I wonder if that's what happened to Jeff's sock holder?

That looks lovely - not the same thing though - this lass' recipe was more of a dry rub thing. But looking at the ingredients its probably based on the same marinade...

I'm even more sodding hungry now :LOL: Git.

I wonder if that's what happened to Jeff's sock holder?

I think you maybe right Dan, that sugar gets everywhere!!

But a much more capital cost effective solution would be an electrically heated cylinder and electric space heating, possible electric UFH.

It all depends on the amount of usage it is likely to get.

Most I see are little used after the first burst of enthusiasm.

Compared to what a cheap combi and three rads at most
You are living in cloud cuckoo land ,i can imagine you trying to sell that to the people who have out buildings and being laughed off down the drive!
Even running costs of electric heating and hot water ,a combi perfectly suited for this application

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back