Do i have to use bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to put a new surface on part of a wall that is full of scrathes etc and a few small bits of artex but do not want to use bonding as it will bring it out to far with multifinish ontop and will then have issues with the staight edge of a kitchen work surface unless i do the whole wall which is 4 metres and mess with window corners etc .

As there is nothing deep to fill can i use multifinish and pva to get it to stick

Basically will muli finish stick to old plaster with a little bit of paint on it

Friend said mix a bit of bonding with the multi but dont knowif you can

Sponsored Links
pva and multi over top would work, although easy fill with a rub back may give a better finish than trying to blend multi finish in

If you can skim then the way forward if it is a painted wall, is to scrap off all the loose stuff and with a scrapers edge or a stanley knife "cut " the area you are going to skim to make some scratches to give a bit of a key. Then mix yourself some unibond up 3 or 4-1 and give it a good coat with either a brush (which I think would be better if it is a small area ) or a roller if a biggish area. leave this overnight for the unibond to "seal" the area. Then when you are going to skim it put another coat of unibond on and let it "tack" up a bit then skim it as normal.....Hope this helps ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back