Do I need a DPC cavity tray if I have an airbrick above the DPC?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We put an extension on our victorian terrace using up the side return. The suspended timber floor used to vent into the side return. When the contractor built the extension, he used some 110x54 rectangular ducting to redirect the vent 90 degrees and out the side of the newly built party wall. So far so good.

Only thing was, the other side of the wall is a planter, so he vented it into 2 foot of soil - So obviously no air going through that :cry::mad::mad::mad:.

Thankfully I can reroute the ducting on my side to vent higher up through the party wall without it looking god awful on the inside of my house. However, this will take the airbrick above the DPC. If I do this, will I have to include a DPC cavity tray above the ducting as it goes through the cavity party wall? TBH I have no idea how I'd do this, given that everything is already built. :eek:

Please help!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back