Do I need a trap on a dishwasher?

That part fits into a Floplast trap ( a replacement part, not an add on ).
The appliance waste should go through a trap,and the 2 options you mentioned are correct.
You are wasting your time trying to find what you are looking for.

Sponsored Links
That part fits into a Floplast trap ( a replacement part, not an add on ).
The appliance waste should go through a trap,and the 2 options you mentioned are correct.

Thanks!

Out of interest, what is this?!

Was trying to work out if I did what I needed it to!

Why not just follow foxhole's suggestion and extend the dishwasher waste pipe so that you can reach the sink?

Why not just follow foxhole's suggestion and extend the dishwasher waste pipe so that you can reach the sink?

It will be a real pain unfortunately, and probably need two extensions

Sponsored Links
It will be a real pain unfortunately, and probably need two extensions
Are there any other routes or destinations? For example my dishwasher is actually plumbed in to the utility on the other side of the wall, as it was nearer to bash a hole through and go into the washer waste, than reach the sink..

Side note, I do wish I'd mounted the dishwasher in an oven housing and had it open to waist height - turns out I put stuff in a dishwasher about 3 times more often than I do an oven, so I'm still pondering over why I went with "put the dishwasher on the floor because everyone else does" rather than mounting it at a height that is actually convenient for loading it..
Do you have other mounting options or locations?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back