Do I need an Air Admittance Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning,

I have a soil pipe coming out of the floor, in my downstairs bathroom. The toilet is obviously attached to it and a boss on the elbow of the pipe runs to a bath. The pipework has been adapted at some point so as the pipe runs off of the boss pipe a tee has been put in that also runs to a trap in the adjacent room for the waste of a washing machine. The sink waste in the bathroom also runs to a tee that is teed in to the pipe running to the bath. Just wondering whether there sould be an air admittance valve fitted somewhere or whether this arrangement is ok?

Hope this all makes sense.

Sponsored Links
Well to be honest I have only just put the washing machine out there (yesterday) and my brother said I wouldn't be able to empty both the bath and washing machine at the same time, and mentioned something about an Air admittance valve, I didnt want to chance it incase it flooded or something. Should I try it and if it works ok, leave it? If it does any of which you said, put one in?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back