Air Admittance valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does an air amittance valve have to be fitted vertically & above the discharge stack?
The reason being is i'm installing the pipework for a proposed downstairs toilet unfortunately i cant fit a conventional soil stack arrangement (vertically)
I'm proposing to come from the toilet into a 90deg pan connector then into an equal tee one end connecting to main pipe which is connected to a mini access chamber, the other end of the tee is connected to a short horizontal pipe then a 90deg bend, up the wall for a approx 1m then capped with air admittance valve, in your opinion(s) will this work?
Any advice greatly app'd
Tim.

Sponsored Links
durgo.gif

approx 600 above the basin rim ;)

Hi Kev,
Thanks for the reply & image.
The soil stack arrangement shown is not the arrangement i can do.
My connection to the main discharge pipe all happens under the suspended floor, the picture shows a conventional soil stack arrangement with the pan connector running horizontally above floor level.
I don't think i have explained what I'm proposing very well but please bear with me ;)
I want to connect the 90deg pan connector to go down (underfloor) into an equal tee one end connected to the main pipe running to a new mini access chamber the other connected to a short piece of pipe (still underfloor) with a 90deg elbow pointing up & another piece of pipe connecting to the elbow (above floor level) with the air admittance valve.
Space is at a premium the room only being 1.2m by 1m.
The (compact) toilet i have bought can only go in one position hence the unusual arrangement i have proposed.
If i still make no sense I'll try & take some pic's & post a link to them here.
Many thanks again for your help.
Tim.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back