Do not buy from Vaillant if you would like any after sales

As all have said there is good an bad, but this don't ring true, someone with an axe to grind me thinks, an also we gave u a number of a top independent in ur area (not me) , admitt that remsheid was top for training ( lived and trained there) but times move on , and a complaint to Belper would get passed up the chain and he and u would get a call, if your rude u won't :D

Sponsored Links
As all have said there is good an bad, but this don't ring true, someone with an axe to grind me thinks, an also we gave u a number of a top independent in ur area (not me) , admitt that remsheid was top for training ( lived and trained there) but times move on , and a complaint to Belper would get passed up the chain and he and u would get a call, if your rude u won't :D

And on that note I couldn't agree more.

Very fishy posts.

Vaillant which is based in Remschied in the Ruhr in Germany bought a British company. Since then they have closed most of it down. They have an office in Belper, but there does not seem to be any management there.

They employ 300 gas fitters, but these do not report to any local offices. One of the fitters arrived three hours late, chewing gum and failing to introduce himself. He walked around the property to find something wrong and duly found a radiator leaking. He then declared the property dangerous and walked out. He blacklisted the property on the Vaillant computer system so they will not return

As it was 5 o clock it was pretty obvious that he wanted the rest of the day off. Neither he nor the man at the call centre will give out their names. It is impossible to get above the level of the call centre, which wastes up to 10 minutes of your time whilst it tries to get hold of the fitter to explain that you are complaining.

Whatever you may say, you will not be believed. This company has the gall to ask for pre-payment for service at the rate of £285 even for the most minor fault, which in my experience occurs frequently.

if you have similar problems your only recourse is to write to Dr Carsten Voightlaender at Vaillant GmbH, Berghauserstrasse 63, Remschied 42850 Germany. He understands english perfectly.

If he receives enough such letters he may come to realise that workshy attitudes - unknown to him in Germany - are destroying his UK business, where employment has plummetted, in recent years.

The consensus on here feels your the kind of customer who loves his...

I had to call them twice in last two years. On both occasions I got through fairly quickly to their customer service. On both occasions engineer was arranged with 3/4 days. They turned up professionally as expected, on time. First time round it was a leakage issue which wasn't from the boiler. Second time round which was couple of weeks ago, turned out to be faulty Honeywell programmer. On both occasions, their engineers confirmed boiler was working, done the basic tests. The engineer even tried to fix the programmer which he didn't need to touch. So I found their after sales support top notch.

Sponsored Links
I had to call Vaillant out last year because my VRC430f was faulty, they told me to call the day before I wanted a visit or on the day as they were doing same day or next day visits! I was rather impressed...

The motive is to expose one workshy fitter, one call centre which blocks all complaints and one management which has cut itself off from its customers.

Write to the boss in Germany if you have similar problems. I have been told that nobody in the UK runs it - by the call centre.

As it seems to be only you who has had a problem with them here - everyone else thinks they're brilliant - maybe you've upset them in some way?? There's just a general feeling here that you haven't quite told us the full story...

Incidentally I've got a nearly-new ecoTEC 630 on eBay at the moment, full working order. Just saying ;)

Ok.......

Your ten year old boiler broke down, you called Vaillant out and they sent an engineer the same day. Shoddy service on an unreliable product!

He found a fault that was unsafe, pray tell what was it, he would have left paperwork.

Normal procedure on this is to give a 100% refund, was this done?

I know how they work and will probably know the bloke. What is the first bit of your postcode, please.

From your first post on this, I would estimate parts for this would be £145 + vat and labour depending on which part of London you live in, between £50 - 95 per hour + vat, + parking and congestion charge. Vaillant still sound dear?

Group Service lads are excellent ,this is the name given to the Vaillant Engineers who come out to you

They will turn up dressed professionally in uniform with a full kit of spare parts which any boiler repairer would be jealous of

Personally I think if the boiler was safe to repair and did not have any issues then the Engineer who came would have sorted it

The story does not stack up for some reason,I know quite a few of the lads who work for group service ,been to their training centres and used their warranty service .I have never heard of this type of issue from anyone else or any customer

The man who arrived at the door was slovenly and rude. He was chewing gum. He did not introduce himself. He was looking for any excuse to cut off early as it was the last call of the day. He could not be bothered to phone to say that he would be three hours late. Certainly not professional.

But Vaillant make it impossible to complain, which is why I am warning people here about how their people can behave. I have not revceived a refund and anticipate further difficulty in obtaining it also. I will not buy another Vaillant.

you should not confuse the german owners of vaillant with vaillant UK..

The problems that the UK heating companies suffer from is to do with UK management styles and practices, and nothing to do with the German, or other country, parent.

I don't know this poster, who appears to have joined the forum in order to talk about his Vaillant boilers, and I have no idea what the rights and wrongs of his story are.

none of us do.

I will treat his story with as much consideration as any other anonymous complaint on the web.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back