Do not buy from Vaillant if you would like any after sales

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vaillant which is based in Remschied in the Ruhr in Germany bought a British company. Since then they have closed most of it down. They have an office in Belper, but there does not seem to be any management there.

They employ 300 gas fitters, but these do not report to any local offices. One of the fitters arrived three hours late, chewing gum and failing to introduce himself. He walked around the property to find something wrong and duly found a radiator leaking. He then declared the property dangerous and walked out. He blacklisted the property on the Vaillant computer system so they will not return

As it was 5 o clock it was pretty obvious that he wanted the rest of the day off. Neither he nor the man at the call centre will give out their names. It is impossible to get above the level of the call centre, which wastes up to 10 minutes of your time whilst it tries to get hold of the fitter to explain that you are complaining.

Whatever you may say, you will not be believed. This company has the gall to ask for pre-payment for service at the rate of £285 even for the most minor fault, which in my experience occurs frequently.

if you have similar problems your only recourse is to write to Dr Carsten Voightlaender at Vaillant GmbH, Berghauserstrasse 63, Remschied 42850 Germany. He understands english perfectly.

If he receives enough such letters he may come to realise that workshy attitudes - unknown to him in Germany - are destroying his UK business, where employment has plummetted, in recent years.

Sponsored Links
So what your saying is Vaillant are a bunch of tossers. Great. Just flippin heck great!! I find this out when i need to call them??? Blooming marvellous.....

Thank god we get special numbers to get through to them quickly. The company i work for have used vaillant for years and their aftersales is very good to our customers.

Sponsored Links
Vaillant technical, parts, and after sales have always been good for me.

Why did you get them round in the first place?

Methinks, judging from the op's other threads (not counting the children hijacking them) that there is more to the story.

I am far from a Vaillant apologist - although I do fit them occasionally - and I don't believe that the chain of events here are BBC like in appearance.

I've often pondered on this sort of thing over the years. On the whole I tend to find that I get things fixed quicker, have better customer services with better discounts and deals, and am happier when I talk to people politely (albeit sometimes forcefully with direction and purpose as and when necessary) in comparison to when I've been irritable, rude and cantankerous.

I wonder if there's a message to be gleaned ;)

Would someone from the Midlands appreciate being likened to ze Germans? :LOL:

All companies big and small have their bad days. There's no point waging a one man war on what is at best a one off. Now, company policy.... there's a thing to post about. :mrgreen:

Op ..
If your interested I've an Isar going cheap ? :oops: ;)

I am not a Vaillant fan, BUT to keep things in perspective and as a Business man who has had his own Business blighted by a similar review!! I would say that there is always another story, in my case a very damaging review was posted regarding my Company's services which was completely unfounded
it would be good for one of the Bunny's on here to post some comments ;)

Vaillant which is based in Remschied in the Ruhr in Germany bought a British company. Since then they have closed most of it down. They have an office in Belper, but there does not seem to be any management there.

They employ 300 gas fitters, but these do not report to any local offices. One of the fitters arrived three hours late, chewing gum and failing to introduce himself. He walked around the property to find something wrong and duly found a radiator leaking. He then declared the property dangerous and walked out. He blacklisted the property on the Vaillant computer system so they will not return

As it was 5 o clock it was pretty obvious that he wanted the rest of the day off. Neither he nor the man at the call centre will give out their names. It is impossible to get above the level of the call centre, which wastes up to 10 minutes of your time whilst it tries to get hold of the fitter to explain that you are complaining.

Whatever you may say, you will not be believed. This company has the gall to ask for pre-payment for service at the rate of £285 even for the most minor fault, which in my experience occurs frequently.

if you have similar problems your only recourse is to write to Dr Carsten Voightlaender at Vaillant GmbH, Berghauserstrasse 63, Remschied 42850 Germany. He understands english perfectly.

If he receives enough such letters he may come to realise that workshy attitudes - unknown to him in Germany - are destroying his UK business, where employment has plummetted, in recent years.

Call me cynical, but methinks there is a little more to this than you are letting on.

Disingenuous :D

Got to agree with you kidgreen...

I've never had an issue with Vaillant aftersales, warranty visits are always carried out either same day or next day and to date they've never refused to repair anything or told us something isn't covered by their warranty

Well I have to say that we have never had any problems with group services, we fit a lot of their boilers and have a great relationship with them, really dont know where the OP is coming from, unless there is a different motive ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back