Do Rad Pipes Need To Be Perfectly Vertical?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So took my radiators off to do redecorating (and drained system). I'm now looking to put all rads back on apart from the bathroom one. I noticed when re-attaching the rads, the pipes that connect aren't perfectly vertical. If I shove the rad to one side then the left side connecting pipe becomes 100% vertical but the right side isn't and vice/versa... Does this matter?

I can't remember if they were perfectly level when I took them off.

Also, how much water should I put in the system when re-attaching rads? Should I put in 1/2 between 0 and 1 - and then open up a rad one by one and ensure no leaks when water enters the rad?? ..... I don't want to put too much water and pressure in the system at once.

Thanks

IMG-20200624-152212.jpg

Sponsored Links
Just bend it straight man! The floorboard probably held it straight and it sprung out of vertical when the board was taken up.

Yup, I'd be tempted to give it a wiggle straight too, just be careful to support it as you don't want it to bend at the entry to the valve.

Sponsored Links
So took my radiators off to do redecorating (and drained system). I'm now looking to put all rads back on apart from the bathroom one. I noticed when re-attaching the rads, the pipes that connect aren't perfectly vertical. If I shove the rad to one side then the left side connecting pipe becomes 100% vertical but the right side isn't and vice/versa... Does this matter?

I can't remember if they were perfectly level when I took them off.

Also, how much water should I put in the system when re-attaching rads? Should I put in 1/2 between 0 and 1 - and then open up a rad one by one and ensure no leaks when water enters the rad?? ..... I don't want to put too much water and pressure in the system at once.

Thanks

IMG-20200624-152212.jpg
Its fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back