Do we need to powerflush?

Sponsored Links
After a few attempts here are some pics so you get what i've been talking about. You can just see the spindle towards the left which should move along depending on what's needed HW, CH, HW&CH.

Motorised valve

It's position

The big pipe right at the back which you can just make out in this one below is the one that is coming up from the boiler and is now hot. I had my hand on it yesterday when some air came up from the boiler and burnt me as it past through so i think if there is a blockage and it's not the motorised valve then the blockage must be around this area in the pic.

You should have two of the two port valves.

They should ( may ) have a lever on the side ( end ) which can be moved and mechanically locked into the open position.

That will bring on the heating/hot water under manual control as long as the boiler/pump is operating which seems to be the case.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I believe the valve is a 3 port valve with a small leaver to adjust it from manual to auto. should the valve turn when either drawing water or heat because at this time the valve remains stationary.

Both functions should work if you select the manual position.

The valve should move if you select water only or heating only ( or heat plus water ).

The driving motot inside it has probably failed. You probably need a new valve head.

Tony

Both functions should work if you select the manual position.

The valve should move if you select water only or heating only ( or heat plus water ).

The driving motot inside it has probably failed. You probably need a new valve head.

Tony

and get bg back out with a different eng. had my fill of lazy engineers in the last 2 weeks. i now agreee. 1/2 of us are bloody useless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back