Document Q for garden rooms?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Does anyone know if Document Q the new security regs is applicable to garden rooms?
It will be about a 60m2 building so I know it needs building regs and I know newbuilds/extensions must comply but I dont know about garden rooms?

Also while we are on it does anyone know if they should apply to conservatory's?
No one really mentions them in Doc Q but technically they are an extension. It may be a case though of as building regs do not normally apply neither would Doc Q.
Unless of course they are large, Opened into the house or had radiators then yes it would be needed? This could make conservatory's ridiculously expensive.

Sponsored Links
This garden room will have its own bathroom could this class it as a dwelling?
To be honest I don't know what hes is planning to use the building for yet. I will have to check.
Its a previous customer of mine who just said hes building a 60m2 garden room with a bathroom and sent me some door and window sizes to price for him.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back