dodgey electric meter

It's suspiciously thin meter tails, but from what I seen it was twin+e from switch fuse to fuse box, probably about 8 or 9 meter run,

Aye the whole lots comming out and starting again, that's the very first job getting done, at same time as I start running new heating and pipes.

Does anyone know what ur allowed in Scotland regarding DIY electrics?

It would appear from the many houses iv worked in and dealt with that when it comes to moving, you need virtually no paper work for house sale/ insurance etc, unless there's a new extension or window that wasn't there before ( there mega arsey about that)

As I say I've done quite a lot of small electrical jobs, assisted in a few big ones and have my copy of the 17th and calculations etc, and had quite a bit of electrical training through my work but no qualifications as its not worth their money putting us through them. So I'm quite confident in most of the wiring from new, and believe in Scotland DIY electrics is allowed as theirs no part p etc,

Sponsored Links
And on the question of putting fuse box in the same area, this is a recess in the wall in the back of a bedroom wardrobe with the back out it, ideally would have the meter in outside box but price eventually will become an issue here, would like fuse box in hall cupboard, more central and easy to get to if something trips

Sponsored Links
FFS S.G.M. What's the point of me using up my spare time if you can't be bothered to read the help you are being given free of charge

lol Sorry bud, just looked back over post, been doing most of this on my phone and I'm thinking I may need a pair of glasses (or a better phone!)

just checked that out, and as far as it reads to me (bearing in ind im dyslexic and more often gloss over rather than really reading lol) it would appear that being a domestic bungalow, replacing what is there and rewiring is allowed with no warrant (with exception to where I would be fitting recessed sockets)

so thanks for that, been a great help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back