Dodgy seatbelt on Mazda 626

R

RhysJames2008

Hi all,
Got a Mazda 626 'N' reg hatchback.
Theres something wrong with the drivers seatbelt... the problem:
Sometimes it randomly gets jammed and you cant pull it out to belt yourself in and it wont retract either to get it out of the way.
Im sort of worried about the safety of this belt and it malfunctioning in an accident or something.

All replies appreciated.

Rhys

Also... if anybody can tell me if its easy to replace the lock in the drivers door of a 626 that would be great. Mines packed in.

Sponsored Links
Im sort of worried about the safety of this belt and it malfunctioning in an accident or something.

I think you answered your own question.....could also be an MOT failure.

It actually got through the last MOT, probably because it only does it from time to time, but occasionally locks up.

IIRC as it is safety-critcal, you are not allowed to repair or adjust them, you have to buy a complete new unit.

Sponsored Links
In that case I won't touch it. Just hope to hell it works in the unlikely event of an accident.

Oh...
Well you seem pretty sure about me getting it replaced.
Thanks for the help, I'll have to get it done sometime soon I guess, luckily I live close to a main dealer.

Thanks all for your help

Oh...
Well you seem pretty sure about me getting it replaced.
Thanks for the help, I'll have to get it done sometime soon I guess, luckily I live close to a main dealer.

Thanks all for your help

You can buy the new part and fit it yourself. I just that you can't tamper with or attempt to repair a belt. Belts should also be replaced if put under strain in a car crash. It's really not a good idea to "hope to hell it works in the event of an accident"

Sponsored Links
Back