Does a horizontal soil pipe have to run within/below the floor slab?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a new soil pipe entering the house with the top of the pipe sitting at the same level as the where the top of the slab will sit. To maintain the correct fall along 3m to the WC, it would have to rise by 75mm, which eats into a 100mm insulation layer (before 50mm screed goes on top) and doesn't sound great to me, and I'm also concerned about the possible water noises coming up through.
What are the rules around soil pipes? Should they sit entirely within/below the slab? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I've always been told they need to be encased in concrete to protect the pipe. If need be, bring it up through the floor earlier in the run, then do the last section to the pan above the floor, going into a Stub Stack.

Pipework above floor level can be boxed in, the concern is if too shallow below the floor, it is very susceptible to damage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back