does an electrolux built in need ventilation opening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an electrolux EOB6630X electric oven placed under the counter, the top heating element short circuited the whole house, I replaced it with a new one, i was told that it needs ventilation from the back,... do i need to make an opening in the counter for ventilation although i feel air comes out from the front (cooling fan) on top of the door, please help thanks

Sponsored Links
I would think not.

Most electric ovens have a separate fan in the top cavity that pushes any warm air out through the front.

If all else fails, read the instructions.

I would think not.

Most electric ovens have a separate fan in the top cavity that pushes any warm air out through the front.
Thanks I am relieved.... but how come the manufacturer manual says that a 2cm by 56 cm opening in the back of the wall cupboard ,containing the oven, should be left ? thank you

Sponsored Links
I would think not.

Thanks I am relieved.... but how come the manufacturer manual says that a 2cm by 56 cm opening in the back of the wall cupboard ,containing the oven, should be left ? thank you

Hmmm. Perhaps they are referring to the gap behind the oven?

Does it give a diagram?

:cool:

I would think not.

Hmmm. Perhaps they are referring to the gap behind the oven?

Does it give a diagram?

:cool:
yes the gap between the cupboard and the wall they left about 3cm by 56cm wide, but in my case its under the working bench made of granite, not wood. there is alot of space behind the oven as its placed in a corner under the granite top...
if you wish i can send the acrobat manual for the oven

I can't actually see the diagram referring to a gap in the worktop.

All I can say is that the idea is to allow the warm air around the oven to move away from the cupboard units and that's what the internal fan would be for.

I haven't seen ventilation for a single oven built into the worktop for a while, the majority of ovens now coming with separate fans which vent the air forward.

They have vents at the bottom to draw air in and vents at the top to put it back out again. It's all about circulation.

Elements do actually go faulty. It's not that unusual.

For what it's worth the instructions for my Bosch single oven when mounted under a work surface say that the intermediate floor of the unit (the floor that the oven sits on) should have a 20mm x 460 vent slot cut out at the rear. There is no mention of any other ventilation requirements. I would think that your requirements are similar - you don't need an opening in the worktop!

Rgds.

For what it's worth the instructions for my Bosch single oven when mounted under a work surface say that the intermediate floor of the unit (the floor that the oven sits on) should have a 20mm x 460 vent slot cut out at the rear. There is no mention of any other ventilation requirements. I would think that your requirements are similar - you don't need an opening in the worktop!

Rgds.
that was very helpful thank you so much
best

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back