Does ANYONE know ANYTHING about residential convection?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a convection heating system in my home that uses the heat generated by the heated water from oil fired combi boiler.

The hot water travels through pipes and a heat exchanger blows the hot air that rises from the pipes around the house, through floor vents.

My query is although i have googled loads of times i cant find a company that would do silent or quiet heat exchanger units in the uk or ireland.

does anyone know of such a company?

i moved into the house 3 years ago, the system was already in.

Sponsored Links
I expect it's very dusty and you suffer from hot and cold flushes every time it turns on.

Sponsored Links
Is this a helpful forum or somewhere to vent aggreviances?

You will not get much help out of most of those on here. They tend to have obsessions and lack objectivity. Besides some not knowing a great amount either.

So to recap, most people are d ckheads, and dont listen to certain individuals.

As for cleanig the filters etc. i dont even know where they are.

there seems to be a unit behind a cavity wall that houses the main heat exchanger, then theres a floor based one on the second floor to push the rest of the heat down the back bedrooms.

is there any uk supplier of heat exchangers?

there seems to be a unit behind a cavity wall that houses the main heat exchanger, then theres a floor based one on the second floor to push the rest of the heat down the back bedrooms.
filters will prob be in the first bit the second one is the ahu

just to make me look clever :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

air handling unit ;)

Perhaps it's time to get someone in to give it a full service, change the filters and check the fan.

These units need proper servicing if something goes wrong with the heat exchanger you don't know about it you just have a long sleep :(

Perhaps it's time to get someone in to give it a full service, change the filters and check the fan.

These units need proper servicing if something goes wrong with the heat exchanger you don't know about it you just have a long sleep :(

The heat is generated via a boiler, not a direct gas/air exchanger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back