Does anyone recognise this type of ball valve please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This ball valve has started leaking and, if possible, I'd like to repair it by either replacing the rubber diaphragm, or the whole unit but without replacing the inlet connection (which has a captive screw which connects to the valve).

However, although I've searched through many online pictures of float valves, I cannot find an exact copy (the screw adjustment on top is particularly distinctive). Does anyone recognise which type it is please, and so where I might be able to get spares etc or a replacement?

Many thanks.

IMG_2839.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes, that's what I thought at first but actually, apart from the other design differences, the captive screw on the right hand side is larger on my valve than this one. Perhaps yours is the new version of my one...?

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't a replacement diaphragm/washer have sufficed?

Wouldn't a replacement diaphragm/washer have sufficed?
Yes, if you can find one or make one. But is it worth the bother, given the low replacement cost of the whole valve?

Yes, if you can find one or make one. But is it worth the bother, given the low replacement cost of the whole valve?

Point taken, I did buy a kit of washers a few years ago, which have worked for the relatively limited float valves that I have come across.

Bog standard one:

Andy
As I thought, sadly it wasn't an exact drop in replacement but, no matter, I've made it work. Shame though that it doesn't come with the 1/2" rubber washer that it needs. Most of the other brands seem to include this vital part!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back