Does flue comply with regs ? (I have changed thread title)

Most Transo engineers dont have the ticket to work on boilers either so he probs just had a quick look, i dont like BG but saying the engineer must be wrong because so and so said it was ok before and so did transco is utter rubbish!

I agree. The fact is, BG or not that boiler set off alarm bells. Not liking BG whether wanting a sale or whatever would leave that on. They are still under the same noose. OP is shifty at the 4k price and wanting a fix. Never trust a customer.

Sponsored Links
Carbon monoxide detector has gone off, so you have the appliance inspected and it is turned off. Get the Bg supervisor to drop in and have a look or Get another independent guy in (paid of course) to reconnect and retest and see what he gets, but BG are usually pretty spot on, not all the time, but most of the time I would back them.

Thankfully you had the detector in the property, imagine if you didn't have it? The appliance would still be connected and you'd be non the wiser.

It sounds like You will benefit from a room sealed appliance by upgrading if anything thing else, but also, your efficiency will dramatically increase and you will have long warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back