Does retiling/reunderlaying require roofline removal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2 parts to this really.

1) If I get a standard gable ended detached house roof redone (new membrane, new tiles), will the roofers need to remove the fascia/soffit/barge as part of the job?

2) If they do need to remove the fascia/soffit/barge, is it normal to be able to reinstall the parts they take down or do they tend to need to refresh with new parts?

It is actually the roofline that needs work but I'm not sure I want to go to much effort and/or expense of sorting only this now if in a handful of years it will all need to be done again as part of a more comprehensive reroof. It is all original early 70s, so timber roofline, concrete tiles, and the tiles have an official remaining lifespan of 8 years (in practice, I keep reading that they should last 1 or 2 decades beyond this).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back