Does such a thing exist?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a programmer/timer that can do:

CH AND HW AND UFH all in one box

Being able to set it to go or stop over the internet is an added bonus but no means must-have feature.

Do they exist?

I see single channel, I see two channel, I see stand-alone UFH and I see multi-zone... though my rads can't be retro-frigged to separate upstairs and downstairs, and I'm unsure if the remote TRVs are suitably reliable.. I'd like to hear opinion on this though please!

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
By-jove I've think you'd done it. There seems to be plenty on TLC to choose from, 4 chan ones too.

Thanks!!

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Bg hive multi zone
Honeywell Evohome
Pretty sure nest and tado can do multi zone

The not-very-clear phrase I used was internet is an added bonus but by no-means a must have. I like the idea of the evo home with the individually controlled WIFI TRVs, but I fear it might all conk out one day when the router decides to freeze or die. Or do they work independently of ones router?

Nozzle

and Nest 3G has two zones too.

As far as I am aware, the Nest III can only do one heating zone and one hot water zone!

You can add additional zones but only by buying additional Nests and their Heatlinks.

But the opentherm connection seems unlikely to be useable with multiple Nests.

Last edited:
Perhaps I'm ignorant of the capabilities, but the TADO thing looks like a thermostat only?

Nozzle

I've narrowed it down to either a Horstmann or a Timeguard unit. Is any brand particularly more gash than the other or both have a good rep?

Nozzle

Evohome does not use WiFi for linking any of the Honeywell components, it uses a proprietary radio channel developed in 1996 for a similar, earlier Honeywell home automation product.

That product used the remote TRVs you have reliability concerns about. I have 26 of them in my house, all installed in 2003. Since then I've probably installed around 5000 units, with only around 10 duffers.

PS: Both the timers you mention are bargain basement quality.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back