does the floor on a cabin of a treehouse need to be level?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm building a treehouse and my floor has a slope for the rainwater as there will be decking around the 3/4 of the cabin area.
Slope is around 100:1 10mm in a metre.
I'm wondering how the slope will affect the build of the treehouse? should I remove the slope on the treehouse cabin by using skids and lifting the lower end to make it level? if so - whats the best way of doing this? by packing OSB board under? or bolts?
I'm also not sure how best to attach the floor to the joists - i'm thinking of 2x4 going across the joists and screwing these into the joists wherever i can depending on where the joists happen to be (tricky when they go diagonally).
Planning on a roof on the treehouse cabin and making it water tight.
thanks in advance.
(p.s. yes i now realise i need more joists in there, so I will try to add some more where i can and I will add diagonal support on the 4x4 posts)
joists.jpg
treehouse floor.jpg

Sponsored Links
Decking/platforms over 30cm AGL need planning permission.

Plus if the treehouse is wood it needs to be at least 1m from the boundary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back