Domestic A/C unit not heating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have my office in my garden which is heated and cooled by a Mastair Air Conditioning split type unit. It has been faultless to date but isn't heating. I am curious to find out whether this is simply the very cold weather affecting the unit or whether there's another issue.

The unit responds to all remote signals and is currently set to Heat / 31oC. The indoor cassette comes on and blows cold air for a while and I can hear the compressor working. The fins on the compressor get iced up quite quickly. But then the inside unit closes the flap (not completely) and still shows as running.

There are no other lights to say whether the unit is literally frozen or otherwise. Given that the fins are freezing, does this sound like it's simply an issue with the cold air temperature on top of the unit trying to cool the fins?

Any help in helping me understand this much appreciated.

Regards
Pete

Sponsored Links
It is normal for the condensers to ice up in this weather but it should defrost itself, I guess that when the indoor unit closes it's flaps it is in defrost mode... Does it return to normal operation after 5-10 mins? if so, all is normal.. We had minus 7 last night and my old LG Artcool Mirror was happy to bring my living room to +30c.... Just as a test, you see

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back