Zanussi zbb27650SA - freezer not cold enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have a Zanussi zbb27650SA split fridge/freezer.

The fridge is fine but the freezer is not getting cold enough. This started with the LED warning symbol and alarm coming on and showing a high temp of 2 degrees.

I've removed the draws from the freezer and the fan at the top was spinning so I removed the panels inside the back of the freezer. I can see that the top of the cooling fins is all clear and where some copper pipes connect to this cooling fin unit, they are cold. One was iced up so I removed the ice with a warm cloth.

I can't see any ice among the fins although it is hard to tell as they are wrapped on polystyrene.

The compressor is running and I've put it on a fast freeze but the air flowing isn't that cold. I used a thermometer and it seems to be at about 0.7 degrees.

I had this before on another freezer and it was ice behind the removable panels but there isn't any obvious sign of any here.

My thought is a faulty temperature sensor or the compressor - neither make sense though as the fridge is fine regarding the compressor and the fact the fan is running and the compressor makes me thing the sensor is ok.

I don't know if there are two compressors and maybe it's the fridge one I can hear running?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Good evening,

Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your freezer? I have the exact same issue and I can’t pinpoint the problem. Compressor running constantly, freezer not cold and fridge fine. No ice on evaporator coils in fact they are not cold at all. Fan is running fine too.

Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back