Domestic Air Conditioning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know anything about this? I'm looking to rip out the central heating system in our house (1920's 3-bed) and install a decent air conditioning and heat pump system.

Firstly, that leaves me with no hot water. Is it OK to have a combi to doing mainly hot water (on mains pressure) and just a couple of small rads, eg utility/cloakroom/bathroom. Would like something fairly powerful for a decent shower.

Secondly, I need to know a bit more about the options out there before I get anyone in so I don't get the wrong thing. I'm thinking about a ducted solution for upstairs with a heat-recovery fan providing fresh air, and a wall mounted unit in each of the three downstairs rooms (lounge, dinner and kitchen). Also interested in electrostatic filtering.

Controls is the big unknown for me. What I really want is something a bit like the Climatronic in the car that will give me the facility to control each room seperately but as a "set and forget" system - ie 21* daytime on heating, 18* nighttime, and 23* all round when cooling.

The individual units usually come with there own controls, although not sure how flexible they are, but I'm not so sure about the ability to seperately control rooms running off a single ducted system. Obviously I'm not expecting to be able to heat and cool at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any info/advice/links!!

Jim.

Sponsored Links
AFAIK you can't control rooms seperately if they are fed by a ducted system unless you have a bulky fan unit of some sort for each of the rooms, but I can't imagine how this would work.

You really need to speak to a professional, even for rudimentary knowledge of air conditioning, it's several days training. If you speak to NRS you might get some help for free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back