Domestic Air Conditioning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to have air conditioning installed at home. I'm looking to cover two rooms initially, possibly a third depending on cost, and I'd like just one outdoor unit if possible for neatness.

Firstly, is anyone able to recommend an installer that covers the South Yorkshire area or tell me what I want to look out for / avoid?

What should my expectations be in terms of ongoing maintenance requirements? Are air conditioning units like boilers, in that the manufacturer will recommend an annual service but in reality you don't really need one? Is a service just a case of changing filters etc. and is this something that could be done myself?

If annual services / whatever is needed, what kind of cost should I budget for this?

Sponsored Links
You'll need someone who is F-Gas Registered. Yes, they should be annually serviced, just as a gas boiler should be. Nothing too onerous generally - good clean up and check of charge pressures is often all that's required

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back