Domestic boiler or Commercial boiler??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have decided to replace our glow worm boiler at work, its over ten years old and we have had quite a lot of trouble with it over the past few years, indeed its just started leaking today.

We had a plumber out to it last year who said it is the wrong boiler for the job. It runs 20 large radiators in the office and 3 hot water taps (two in the toilet, one in the kitchen), the office part of the warehouse is 30 meters long over two floors.

I am going to get some quotes but wondered if anyone could give me any advice first? Can a normal domestic boiler be used in this situation? We don't use much hot tap water as there are no baths or showers. Or would it be better to have a small commercial boiler installed?? Is a commercial boiler more suited for running a large amount of radiators over a large area?

Also, quote wise for a boiler swap, does the system need to be flush through, or are all the radiators removed and flushed?

Thanks for any help/advice, I liked to be armed with information when talking to people in the trade.

Sponsored Links
Hot water would be better served by under sink electric water heater so you don't have to use boiler during summer time.

Daniel.

Sponsored Links
20 radiators will need about 30 kW.

Any little combi boiler will do it.
You will need two central heating pumps to do the radiators as 20 is too much for one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back