Domestic Violence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have not taken this from a website. These are my own words.

Men (and, increasingly reported numbers of women) abuse their partners daily.

This abuse may start with controlling behaviour - you can't go out without me or you can't wear those clothes - and spirals out of control. The abuser always blames the abused for the abuse and often promises that it will not happen again, but it does and it gets increasingly frequent.

The abused are scared to leave the relationship. They are worn down and told that they are worthless and that no-one else will love them if they leave and that if they try to leave they will be attacked, tormented or killed.

It is an incredibly difficult situation to get out of. The abused believes the abuser loves them and does not want to leave. But the longer the abused stays in that situation, the more difficult it becomes to leave and the more "normal" that behaviour becomes - the abused becomes accustomed to it.

If you know anyone in this situation, please, please... help them.

https://www.google.co.uk/#gs_rn=21&...99,d.d2k&fp=bb9a53c80fad7eab&biw=1280&bih=587

Sponsored Links
It sounds like he's being bullied.

Be a man for once in your life. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
it's a very difficult situation, sadly only the victims can sort it out

I fully appreciate what you are saying. It is difficult, especially with the threat of a further beating.

As an example, when you're an alcoholic, you have to come to the realisation that you have a problem before you can sort yourself out. But with domestic violence, you may still be in that stage where you know that it should not be happening but you're too frightened to do anything about it without help.

You need help to get out of the situation before you come to further or lasting harm.

Police Stations (amongst other places) have contact numbers for domestic violence or abuse hotlines that you can ring for advice.

Part of the problem is that the abuser repeatedly tells the abused that no one will believe them if they "tell tales" to try and prevent them contacting the authorities.

It's all about control.

What's it got to do with you though? C'mon, out with it.

I have not taken this from a website. These are my own words.

Men (and, increasingly reported numbers of women) abuse their partners daily.

This abuse may start with controlling behaviour - you can't go out without me or you can't wear those clothes - and spirals out of control. The abuser always blames the abused for the abuse and often promises that it will not happen again, but it does and it gets increasingly frequent.

The abused are scared to leave the relationship. They are worn down and told that they are worthless and that no-one else will love them if they leave and that if they try to leave they will be attacked, tormented or killed.

It is an incredibly difficult situation to get out of. The abused believes the abuser loves them and does not want to leave. But the longer the abused stays in that situation, the more difficult it becomes to leave and the more "normal" that behaviour becomes - the abused becomes accustomed to it.

If you know anyone in this situation, please, please... help them.

https://www.google.co.uk/#gs_rn=21&...&fp=bb9a53c80fad7eab&biw=1280&bih=587[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me... apparently killing her is illegal....

Yes but why now? I bet he's being bullied by his missus. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back