Domestic water flow problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last July we had a new combi fitted and everything was ok with plenty of water pressure and flow and quiet aware of the capabilities of what a combi can do no problem with just me and the mrs. At the begining of November we had a new bathroom and kitchen fitted consequently the water flow through the taps and shower is now crap when the taps are first turned on upstairs and downstairs it comes out ok but the flow soon goes off, all this was pointed out to the plumber, like have you fitted the correct taps to work with a combi, what I'm also concerned about is that the combi because of the lack of
water flow which is up in the loft is now below the one bar that it should be working at, He then starts to give me some tripe about when he had to turn the water off at the stopcock in the street and it was difficult to do something on the stopcock could of broken off and gone up the service pipe and caused a blockage and to contact the water board, the water board have been out changed the stopcock checked the water pressure which is 3bar, but the chap from the water board did comment on the plumbers work which started from the old stop cock and then to a new stop cock he said that he had seen this done before I also have had a stop cock fitted to the outside tap so I now have three stopcocks under the sink. The water board and the gas board have said it is a water flow problem in the house, any suggestions on what the lack of flow could be , cheer

Sponsored Links
Have you gone from seperate taps to monobloc taps as the pipe size is drastically reduced

Hi There, we have had one monobloc tap fitted in the kitchen and have asked for a monobloc to be fitted to the bath to see if that improves the flow, but the combi is working below bar since we have had the work done,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back