domestic water meter leakage help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i happen to check my water meter. reading and noticed it was still moving even though everything was of taps/ tanks ./ CH , etc. i turned off the plastic stop cock next to the meter and it stopped moving So "maybe" a leak inside i read the meter and the last four red digits were 7029 and after an hour it read 7145 Is that a lot, and what do i need to do first. i am with Yorkshire water

Sponsored Links
Every thing ...including the main incoming stopcock :?: ..You may have an underground leak between the meter and your house . Have a listen to the inside stopcock with a stick to your ear - seriously - leaking water will make a noise :idea:

i havnt got an inside stopcock just the one outside that is alongside the water meter in the garden path

you can do the same to that one - the water co.s used listening sticks - maybe still do. Have you looked in the roof @ the storage cisterns ( assuming you have that system) You might find it`s just a ballvalve trickling :idea: they can do that for hours sometimes.

Sponsored Links
i will go up the loft and check the header . i just wonderd if thet reading ment a real leak

If the figures you quoted are decimal fractions of a cubic metre, that's 11.6 Litres - about enough to flush a toilet, wash your hands and make a cup of tea.

It could also be a toilet cistern leaking at that flow rate.

Newer ones leak into the bowl.

Tony

dont know if i made myself clear on this . the meter is in eight segments the first four are in black the readings i have are the last four in red 7030 to 7052 in 1 hour it doesnt mean much to me what quanity it is
oh i have checked the cistern no leak there thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back