Don't know where to start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just bought my first house, which could do with a bit of TLC. I was hoping to start with one room first and slowly get through the house.

Pictures here

As the photos show, there are gaps, holes where the walls meet the ceiling, no plaster at all behind the radiator. The walls themselves are okay but not great.

What's the best way to proceed here? Rip off all the plaster and start again or can this be fixed up? If it can be patched can someone point me in the direction of some resources about this?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Well your link doesn't work but from what you say it's not a DIY job. Get a few quotes.

looks like a straight forward skimming job all around,just make sure u got plenty of scrim in the gaps,mybe bond some ares out a bit

Sponsored Links
Easi fill, decorators caulk, plenty of sandpaper and plenty of patience will improve matters no end.

cowboys-281x300.gif

looks like a straight forward skimming job all around,just make sure u got plenty of scrim in the gaps,mybe bond some ares out a bit

Easi fill, decorators caulk, plenty of sandpaper and plenty of patience will improve matters no end.

Thank you & thank you :)

Guessing peaps2's post means he thinks this originally was a cowboy job? No idea what joe-90 meant :-/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back