Door chains for UPVC doors

Well that explains why you’re so tetchy about it, Government agencies strongly recommend all sorts of things, doesn’t make them right! This is an open forum, I’m stating my opinion, in-fact here it is again: I think door chains are rubbish.

Sponsored Links
Well that explains why you’re so tetchy about it, Government agencies strongly recommend all sorts of things, doesn’t make them right! This is an open forum, I’m stating my opinion, in-fact here it is again: I think door chains are rubbish.

The only reason i'm "tetchy" about it is that Doorstep Crime and Acquisitive Crime is currently experiencing a huge increase and thousands of vulnerable older home owners that have fitted a uPVC door have no way of fitting this basic crime deterrant. You only have to Google "Bogus Callers" to see the way criminals are putting the fear of God into elderly residents. Obviously, door chains are not Crime Prevention Devices, however they are VERY GOOD Crime Deterrants.

Is there any difference between a chain for a wooden door and a chain for a UPVC door? Some specify on the pack that they are for wooden doors. I wondered if it was just the screws that would be different?

Thanks in advance.

SL08

By the way SilverLady, If you would like one of our chains free of charge please let me know and I will send one immediately.

Is there any difference between a chain for a wooden door and a chain for a UPVC door? Some specify on the pack that they are for wooden doors. I wondered if it was just the screws that would be different?

Thanks in advance.

SL08

By the way SilverLady, If you would like one of our chains free of charge please let me know and I will send one immediately.

I like the way you seamlessly went from pretending to be a satisfied customer to admitting to be promoting your own product!

Sponsored Links
I'm with Freddy.

They can often be broken off with a good shove.
They do provide a small visual deterrent but even expensive chains can be broken through. It all depends on how determined someone is to get it.

UPVC, you may think your chain is unbreakable but I can assure you, there will be an instance where someone just kicks the door open with one fitted irrespective of whoever you got to have a go before.

Bring back the old door hatches I say :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back