Door for under stairs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Been looking all over for a small door for the alcove under the stairs but cant find one anywhere.
What should I do? A small pine panel door would be prefereable as would be inkeeping. Is this a door that would be made by hand (ie by myself:(). Only really wanted something that didnt cost much but the cheaper door wont cut to size I dont think?

Any advice greatly appreciated:)

Vince

Sponsored Links
You could try and get one second hand from a reclamation yard or off ebay but may take a while for a suitable one to come up, As you say you won't find one off the peg.

Hi,
Been looking all over for a small door for the alcove under the stairs but cant find one anywhere.
What should I do? A small pine panel door would be prefereable as would be inkeeping. Is this a door that would be made by hand (ie by myself:(). Only really wanted something that didnt cost much but the cheaper door wont cut to size I dont think?

Any advice greatly appreciated:)

Vince

What about making a ledged and braced door? That's simple enough. If your other pine doors are stripped you could make it from reclaimed boards.

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
Many thanks both.... yep looks like the ledged and brace door would be doable by me....

Many thanks, much appreciated:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back